On our first day of the Blue Mountains, we did an aboriginal walkabout with a real aboriginal through the bush. It was pretty fun during the the first part, but then we stopped and talked about his culture for over an hour. While he was doing that, he made us put eucalyptus leaves up our nose. It was suppose to clear our sinuses.
Once we finally moved along, we headed along the path to do a weird dance, called the dance of creation that he showed us. I didn't do the dance, though, because I was too busy looking at the leech that was dancing up the guide's foot. After I saw that, I refused to sit down for the rest of the time.
Once it was lunchtime, he started to get back on track and we hiked for another three hours. At the end fo the trail, he left us behind and sprinted the last couple hundred yards.
The most interesting thing I learned was that for a boy to become a man with the aborigines, he had to experience much pain, such as getting nose pierces and cuts on parts of your body. I'm glad I'm not an aborigine.
soooo are you getting a nose piercing?! The leech sounds kinda crazy! I don't think I would have sat either:-)
ReplyDeleteYa Haha. No nose piercing though!
ReplyDeleteLove the blogging! Fun to live through you all. I think you look best without the piercings, Kai!
ReplyDeletelove, "Auntie" Jojo