Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Our First Day at Paradise


After we landed on the island we got a quick tour of the island (which is so small that you can walk around it in an hour) and a few “Welcome Drinks”. After we finished our drinks we then went to our room, unpacked and decided to go snorkeling. When we got our snorkeling gear we went over to the lighthouse on the other side of the island and went into the water. I suddenly remember what our tour guide said was in the water. “Everyone should be very careful in the water because there are Stonefish, Lionfish, and Sharks in the water. Oh and don’t pick up those shells because there are slugs in there that will shoot a deadly poison at you and it will kill you in about Hmmm half a second. Have fun!” I was looking out for Stonefish with my eyes big as pie plates as I waded through the Great Barrier Reef. Once it was deep enough for us to swim I relaxed a little bit and enjoyed the scenery. It was amazing.





No comments:

Post a Comment