Lee and Sam took us to a small beach town on the Gold Coast for a couple nights. Many of the town names have a heavy aboriganal influence and the names started to blend together for us. We landed in Cabarita Beach, but could not remember the name of it for the life of us, only that it rhymed with margarita. It was amazing and I don't think we could have found a better setting on our own. We bypassed the skyscrapers and the heavily commercialized towns for this sleepy town with white sand beaches, warm water, surf out front and no nets necessary to keep out the sharks. It was magical.
A comment about the beaches here. Every beach we've been to in Australia is easily ten times better than any beach I've been to in California. In fact, I'm surprised that Lee and Sam even went to the beaches in San Diego, they are so mediocre in comparison. There's no seaweed, the water temperature is inviting, the water is clear and habitable for marine life and the sand is so fine, that it makes a squeaking noise when you walk in the empty miles. Not once did we see a crowded beach.
Rob was already looking into the costs of homes here as every spot we looked at was a right point break.
I love this country.
No comments:
Post a Comment